P.O Box 1000,
0999 000 000
I’m an experienced Accountant looking for a new opportunity within a large or small operation in Blantyre.
I have previous experience in corporate accounting at a Bank setting and also small business accounting.
- Sage Line 50 Financial Controller
- Client Manager
- Payroll Bureau
- The Chartered Accountant Malawi, CA (M)
- The institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi (ICAM)
- [Name of university] [Year of study] BSc Accounting & Finance
- [Name of college] [year of study] Diploma in Financial Accounting
Sample employer [XYZ Bank of Malawi, Blantyre] [Duration of employment]
- Established and maintained an effective system for analysing and reporting on operating and capital expenditure over 6 countries.
- I Deal with a turnover of over £25 million per year
- I prepared revenue budgets, forecasts and plans Marketing Managers
Assistant Accountant[Employer name] [Duration of employment]
- I was in charge of the reconciliations for 3 large bank accounts
- I recovered MK3.5 million in outstanding debts from clients.
- Worked successfully with lead 3 junior accountants in completed two quarter end close procedures in extreme deadlines.
Accountants Assistant[Employer name] [Duration of employment]
- I produced the Monthly bank reconciliations of the 8 bank accounts posting all transactions to the ledgers.
- I was in charge the company patty cash during my time Accounts Global
- I dealt with the weekly payments 200 suppliers.
- Fortnightly staff Expenses
- Fortnightly payment of invoices for groups overseas companies
Shopping | Traveling | Reading | Golf | Table Tennis
Accounts Manager [position] [Company where George works] Cell: [George’s phone number] Email: [George’s email]
[Michael’s work place ] Cell: [Michael’s phone number] Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lecturer [position] [university where George lectures] Cell: [Victor’s phone number] Email: [victor’s email]
***end of CV**
- Avoid the temptation of adding more than 3 Referees as that raises alert than you are incompetent. Remember, one who has knowledge does not try too hard to showcase that they have knowledge.
- DO NOT add less than 3 referees, it shows you are not a people’s person. Communication is important in any profession, and without having that skill, you wont get any job.
- Don’t add relatives or friends on the list
- Add at least 1 previous employer if you have experience.
- Add at least 1 academic referee, it may be your research supervisor or simply your previous lecturer
PERSONAL INFORMATION TIPS
- Nobody wants to know your marital status, keep that to yourself
- Information relating to religion is important only when applying to faith based organisation
- Where you come from is irrelevant unless of course you were told before hand to prove that information
- Unless you are applying for a sales jobs or the employer explicitly requested it, your age should not be disclosed in your CV
- Dont list the units taught in a course, it only makes the CV difficult to read and bulky.
Thats all for now, Please comment your testimonies, all the best